In order to correct the problem and get your light lenses to look clearer, the following is the correct procedure for restoring your headlights:
- 1. First, open the hood, and leave it open during the entire process. This will insure that you don’t hit and burn the top front edges of the hood with the High Speed Buffer.
- 2. Next, using the Blue painters tape, TAPE up the 3 sides around the headlight. This too will help reduce vehicle damage around the headlights.
- 3. Then, Spray the headlights lenses with some degreaser/cleaner and wipe clean. This will get all the top layer of dirt and grit off.
- 4. Then, Using 1200 grit wet sandpaper, Lightly but thoroughly sand down the Headlight lenses.
- 5. Using a little compound and a high speed buffer, high speed the lenses. Use the high speed on 1 or 2. Do not pass 3 on the high speed buffer, as damage may occur.
- 6. Rinse and wipe the Headlight dry.
- 7. Next, paint, wipe or spray on a clear coat , which can be purchased in any automotive store.
- 8. Finally, Remove the tape from around hood and close the hood. You are finished!
By doing these easy steps, you should see a vast improvement in the headlight lenses.
Please note, some vehicles may need the interior headlight lenses done as well. If this is the case, we recommend taking it to a professional, as this can be a little more cumbersome process.
A-1 Auto Detailing Servicing Areas: We service mainly the South Florida areas of Broward County inclusive of the following cities: Plantation, Weston, Coconut Creek, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Pembroke Park, Cooper City, Lauderdale Lakes, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, Lauderhill, Dania, Lazy Lake Village, Pompano Beach, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Sea Ranch Lakes, Deerfield Beach, Margate, Southwest Ranches, Fort Lauderdale, Miramar, Hallandale, North Lauderdale, Tamarac, Hillsboro Beach, Oakland Park, Weston, Parkland, Wilton Manors, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines. Services such as mobile car wash, auto detailing, restore headlights and overspray removal.
For additional information or to set up an appointment to restore headlights, please call or email us at:
A-1 Auto Detailing (954) 452 – 0767